Thursday, December 21, 2006

Today is the shortest day of the year in North Pole

It was dark for most of the day and -21 degrees F. I got the Christmas and New Year’s cards online and running. Now I need to put the links in at the main page. I am listening to the music juke box at the Christmas card as I type. I sure like that Yanni guy. His music is comforting especially when it is so cold and dark out. I think the dogs like him, too. Other than that it has been a wasted day. I did absolutely nothing of value. Well not quite, the car wouldn't start this AM and I spent about an hour looking for the battery charger. So I hooked up the space heater and the battery charger and waited an hour and it started. The truck is in the repair shop because the heater fan quit two days ago. And it is only 20 below! I don't know what is going to happen if it gets 50 below. Cold weather takes a lot out of people and equipment. Day after day, cold and dark. Why I stay in this forsaken place is beyond me. Oh yes, my parents are buried here, and everyone I know in the world lives here. It is home for me; anyway it is the only home I know. I guess it is like that for lots of people. When you drive through some small town and wonder what keeps it going, I suppose just being a home is a lot of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home