Wednesday, December 20, 2006

New site for calculators

I have started a new site at http://www.electriciancalculators.com that is already the premiere site for free online electrician calculators. Why premiere? Because no one else is doing it and I was first. My simple voltage drop calculator that I wrote years ago and placed at my old site electrician.com is all over the Internet because I allowed persons to use it. Well they used it and forgot where it came from. I can look at the source code at so many sites and see that they did not even bother to change the variable names. Talk about plagiarism! After writing my article on the mathematics of the offset bend and developing a calculator using my original equations, I started getting email from the Palm guys wanting to sell me their new calculator that allows you to pre cut pipe to 1/16 of an inch and do offset bends and come out right. They practically stole my words word for word. They seem to follow me around and steal my ideas and programs. Anyway, the new site is in the works and has as an index page with a fairly detailed description of the programs and links to them. I need to get back to writing programs and checking out the motor branch circuit program more. These programs do hundreds of thousands of combinations and it takes a lot of time to gain confidence that they work right all the time. I think I will do a load calc program for a single family residence, motor compressor, transformer, RV Park, Mobile Home Park, or welder program next. I wrote an RV Park program that did the sectionalized voltage drop many years ago in MBasic. I wish Webpage calculators could be written in Mbasic, but Mbasic does not work well with forms so I guess I am stuck with JavaScript. I like JavaScript because it so portable and readily available. The Internet changes so fast that by the time you get a program out on a CD or marketed online, it is almost obsolete. The Internet is humming faster and faster and JavaScript allows me to keep up with the hum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home