Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update in November

from electrician2.com
I finally got around to updating this blog. I am not much into blogs, but after 9 months.... I have completed some new courses for Washington satisfying the 24 hour requirement and Alaska for the sixteen hour requirement and am still waiting on the approval from Alaska for the last two courses. I am still wanting to develop a Part 2 2008 NEC Change course especially for Article 600 on signs. I also made some 2008 NEC Change videos for the top 15 significant changes and may add more later. Making videos is now easier than ever because I have at last learned how to do it without wasting a great deal of time.
I remember in 1996 when I made my first computer generated video and put it on a DVD. It took three weeks to make a 5 minute video. The hard drives weren't big enough and the maximum file size back then with Win 95 was about 2 gigabytes. Actually it is fun to do now with the 500 gigabyte hard drives and the 4 gigs of memory and the software that is available, but I wish I had a studio where I could get dressed up and do the podium teleprompter thing.
I have been getting a lot of email about people using my calculators from engineers, etc. One person asked why I don't sell them. That is a good idea, but I would have to rewrite them using something like the Visual Basic developer's kit and then market them. Now they are in JavaScript and that is not a marketable type of software since it is source code dependent with no compiler. By the way, I have two other sites: http://www.alaskavirtualtour.com/ - this is my multi-media play around site, and http://www.electriciancalculators.com/ where all my calculators are also found.
The weather in North Pole is freezing and will remain freezing until the end of April. The snow came in September and will remain until April. It stays at about minus 10 to plus 20. Later we will see 50 or 60 below for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home