Sunday, October 14, 2007

Latest news from your host, Gerald Newton

from
electrician2.com

After doing a lot of research I have reached the conclusion that AFCI's provide protection against electrical fires. They are relative new and tripping problems may occur, but they are incidental compared to the safety these devices provide. When installed in old wiring they have found many problems that could have caused fires.

I have started the 2008 NEC online Change course and a study of cascading style sheets or css.
CSS have been around for some time and I just haven't had time to learn them. Javascript will do many of the same things, but CSS seems to be the way to go. They provide much more control over a webpage than the plain hypertext Markup Language.
I have also done a lot of work with embedding video and sound into PowerPoint html pages using the various object tags. I would like to improve the 2008 online course by using video since most people now have high speed connections. It appears the Internet is finally ready for video. I tried this in 1997 but software, hardware, and the Internet were not ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home