Thursday, February 23, 2006

Work on the Wire Size and Voltage Drop Calculator

Work is just about complete. I a wrote three unsuccessful programs before I finally decided that I should go back and look at the Excel Spreadsheet algorithm that I wrote 10 years ago this fall. Fortunately after an intensive six weeks of writing the Excel program I wrote down how the program worked. It is an interesting algorithm that actually solves a very complex problem of linear programming. For those of you that did not have the good fortune of studying mathematics for 8 years and living in the poor house like I did, linear programming in this case is the solution to many greater than, less than, and/or equal to lines on graphs. In the case of using the NEC Tables and rules these lines are not continuous and have many breaking points for exceptions. It is truly an interesting problem that requires a very complicated analysis. I now have over four weeks time in writing this program using JavaScript and six weeks creating the Excel spreadsheet in 1996.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home