Thursday, February 16, 2006

Wire Size, OCPD, and Voltage Drop Calculator

The program is complete. The final dress and check out is in process. It is a difficult task to test all combinations that a large program does. This program is now 87K or about 2,000 lines of code and does 10,080 combinations of problems. So how does one check out all combinations? That is why software publishers issue beta versions in an attempt to get users to find any bugs. Also, I am looking into scrambling the JavaScript source code to keep other software publishers from stealing it. I have invested a total of about 10 weeks in writing this program since it is a derivative of the Excel program written in the late 1990's. As I search the web for various electrical calculators I keep finding my JavaScript code at many other sites, along with inaccurate applications of other programs. I am convinced that many of these people have no idea of what these programs are supposed to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home