Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas and New Years time

I built the online Christmas and New Years cards and placed them online today. I should not say I built all of them because I didn't. The applets were free, the music was free, one picture was mine and I don't know where the other came from. After 10 years of building web pages I have so much stuff on my hard drives, I have to run searches to find things. It is like googling my hard drives. I do like the Scottish version of auld lang syne in the New Years card and listened to it well over an hour tonight while thinking about past times. I think the fireworks go along with the music, too. Does anyone know what auld lang syne means? After all we have been singing or listening to this since God knows when or at least since Guy Lombardo made it popular starting in 1929. So what does it mean? Hang on, I have to go to google to find out. Well it means "old long ago" and is better described as "times gone by." It is an old Scottish song originally written in old Scottish.

So here is wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Prosperous New Year with good health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home