Saturday, March 25, 2006

Table 310.16 and Motor Circuit Calculators Update

I have removed the links to these calculators until I can fine tune them. I have found that the NEC Handbook is arbitrary for some calculations and for determining equipment grounding conductor sizing. At least, that is what it appears to me. Until I can get a determination on just what the NEC people are trying to say, I think I will hold off on finishing the calculators. It appears that some people write one part of the NEC and others write other parts and they are not always in harmony. Of course, how dare I make such a statement as to question the integrity or validity of the almighty NEC, but it is so! It may be that the NEC rules have never been programmed to such length as to require a concrete and thorough application of semantics, syntax, and logic.

Also, I am selling electrician.com and will be involved in some new endeavors for a while. I have already moved all the pages to electrican2.com from electrician.com and most of the test scoring, etc. has been done at the electrician2.com server for some time anyway. I still need to go through and make sure all the links that refer to electrician.com are removed. The site is quite large about 65 megabytes and I think there are somewhere around 58,000 files. So removing all the electrician.com from electrician2.com may take some time.

On the back burner is completing the calculators and publishing a book titled computer applications for electricians where I plan to publish the source code, flow charts, and detailed information and instructions with a CD containing about 25 or 30 computer programs that can be used by electricians and engineers in the field. Part of my reason for selling electrician.com is to fund this effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home