Tuesday, March 14, 2006

More work on the Motor Circuit Calculator

I spend the day adding new features and debugging. The results now provide the overload sizes and equipment grounding conductor size. A bug where the calculator rounded up instead of down for high value branch circuit and ground fault protective devices was fixed. I also, provided code so that when the nameplate full load current is entered that value is transferred to the voltage drop calculator instead of using the full load current from the tables. I placed the new version online and will continue trying to find bugs, and other anomalies. This calculator now reads six tables and follows the NEC as far as I know how. It appears to find all the correct values when doing text book and handbook examples. But it does a lot of combinations, more than I care to ever try, but I will try to keep testing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home